McIntosh MC611 Mono Block
McIntosh MC611 Mono Block
- The monoblock MC611 Quad Balanced Power Amplifier produces 600 Watts of power – enough to satisfy nearly any loudspeaker. A pair of MC611s can easily drive an impressive home stereo system, or add more of them to power a home theater. Thanks to the unique output Autoformer™ technology, your speakers will receive the full 600 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance, allowing you the ability to use the MC611 to its full potential.
- The MC611 has received numerous updates and improvements compared to the previous 600 Watt monoblock model. Chief among them is that filter capacity has been doubled which has resulted in a dramatic 55% increase in dynamic headroom from 1.8dB to 2.8dB. This twofold increase in filter capacity also helps improve the performance of low end bass frequencies.
- The front panel features new direct LED backlighting for improved appearance and color accuracy. On top, the audio Autoformer and power transformer remain seated just behind the front panel, but are now contained in new glass topped enclosures. Behind them are 2 of the Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which connect to advanced high current output transistors that help eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time. A screening of the amplifier’s block diagram has been added to the panel located between the heatsinks.
- On the back, there continues to be 3 sets of the Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts (1 set for each speaker impedance), but more space has been added between each set to allow for easier speaker cable management. The eco-friendly power management system, which will turn the amp off after a set amount of time when no input signal has been detected, has also been added. Other enhancements include heavier gauge internal wiring and upgraded circuit components.
- In addition to all these improvements, the MC611 is full of other exclusive McIntosh technologies:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the input signal at the speed of light and makes real time adjustments to prevent harsh sounding and potentially speaker damaging clipping
- Sentry Monitor™ - the fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- "Natural, effortless control of dynamic swings, a linear power response throughout the frequency range, a true sense of fidelity to the recorded event, a Muhammed Ali-like speed and power propelling every note, deep authentic bass and a wonderfully human and palpable midrange with an organic, yet polished aural touch." - AudioStream
- Both a balanced and unbalanced output are included to make bi-amping or tri-amping your speakers easier; they can also be used to send the audio signal to a secondary system if your preamplifier does not have enough outputs, or to connect a powered subwoofer. The MC611 sits on a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis and features the timeless McIntosh aesthetic of a black glass front panel, illuminated logo, control knobs, aluminum handles and of course a large 8” (20.3 cm) fast responding blue Watt meter.